Friday, June 11, 2010

Overcoming the Concrete

I feel like my entire body has been stuck in CEMENT. I cannot move forward even though I want to. I can think of A MILLION reasons why I would love to be physically fit and beautiful but I'm stuck. Aside from deeply rooted emotions, what are the reasons why I'm stuck?

BRAINSTORM:

-Fear of losing motivation
-Fear of losing any ground I cover
-Fear of being worse than I was before I started
-Not wanting to feel angry for the "unfairness" of the sacrifices I have to personally do regarding food and exercise to look even half way decent compared to what other women have to do
-Not having the discipline to follow an exercise plan
-Feeling upset that I have to cut any fun food from my lifestyle of party planning and celebrations.
-Feeling deprived of being normal.
-Feeling like no matter how hard I try that I'll never be good enough so why try?
-Feeling like my body isn't designed to look good so I'm wasting time.
-Getting mad that it takes so much focus to look "normal"

Ok, so those are a handful of things that hold me back...now onto the OVERCOMING part...??

1 comment:

  1. This is a very bold post and I am proud of you for putting it up.

    Each of the fears you posted is "cement" enough to hold anyone in place. Acknowledging them IS the first step to overcoming.

    You know that feeling on a run when you are "jogging" but in reality you could move faster if you just gave up and walked? Physical journeys through life are a lot like a long run; And you are at that point. Maybe you feel like you aren't moving forward or that it's not even worth the effort. But writing this post shows you are still in the race and that's progress. -1610

    ReplyDelete